Thursday, January 20, 2011

Walt Disney's "Up" Movie

I watched this Monday afternoon with my daughter, and again Tuesday night with my husband, which in itself is a feat because he doesn't normally like to watch animated movies. 

Any way, both times that I have watched this, I've had mixed feelings.  This is suppose to be a kids movie right?  Or am i wrong?  If there is anyone that hasn't seen it, here is the basic story line. 

Carl is an adventurer and follows the adventures of Howard Muntz, adventurer extraordinaire.  He meets Ellie, another adventurer at heart when they are kids, the fall in love and get married.  There adventure of a lifetime is that they go to Paradise Falls in South America, (you know it's like America but South), a land lost in time, just like their hero, Howard Muntz.  In the first hour of the show, Ellie finds out she can't have kids, and then it shows them saving money to take their adventure only to have their dreams dashed to bits when Ellie dies of old age.  Okay, that is not something I expect to find in a kids movie. 

Anyway, if you took your kids to see this, did you have to explain about the scene in the doctor's office when Ellie is crying, or when she is laying in the hospital bed and gives Carl her "My Adventure Book"? 

After that the movie is pretty good.  I love the dogs, "Squirrel".  And the fact that they have collars where you can understand them is fantastic!  So all in all it is a good movie, "Squirrel", but I'm not sure all in all it is a kids movie.

Just my take, I know it has been out a while, but just watched it.  Anyway, later!

Love, L

No comments: