Sunday, December 6, 2009

Lyssa: Light or Darkness - Part 7 - The End

Lyssa awoke to the sound of men yelling. Tobias was howling. She quickly pulled her clothes on and raced to the bailey walls. She scoured the wall looking for Vincent. Flaming arrows were flying over the wall. She flexed her fingers and lifted into the air. Heat began to fill the air and she surrounded the keep in a bubble to deflect the flaming arrows. She lit on the keep wall. Vincent was on the ground and Tobias was lying at his feet. “Vincent!” Slowly she floated to the ground. A smaller circle enveloped her and Vincent and Tobias. Lyssa looked at Vincent and realized he was bleeding. “You’re hurt!” He looked at her. “They attacked early this morning. Tobias jumped in front of me. He is hurt bad, and I’m afraid I’m not going to be able to save him or me.” Tears flowed from her eyes. He wiped them away. His touch weakened her powers and the small bubble disappeared. An arrow struck her in the leg. Vincent pulled her against his chest. “Lyssa you have to leave.”
“No. I will not leave you and Tobias.” Tobias crawled to her, laying his head in her lap. She patted his head. “I’m sorry my friend.” He rubbed his paws on her arm. “Lyssa I am in pain. Please end it for me. Vincent was hit three times. He is loosing blood, too fast.” Another arrow hit her in the shoulder. She pulled both arrows from her body. “Dixon I cannot hold the force field much longer. I need you to finish us off. Do not let the villagers get to us.” Vincent shook his head. “Lyssa you can survive without us. Dixon will take care of you.” Flames were slowly encircling them. Tobias was whimpering. “I will not leave you.” He kissed her. “Lyssa my love, I’m sorry I let you down.” She pulled Tobias between them and wrapped her arms around him. Vincent pulled her into his arms. Tobias yelped. “Lyssa you can take us out.” She suddenly realized Tobias was right. “I love you my husband.” Slowly the air began to gather and light began to glow from the three. Dixon watched as a light surrounded them. Electrical currents began to fly out of the small circle. The men had to hold on to the wall to keep from being sucked in. The noise from the circle became more intense. Suddenly, it sounded as if thunder rolled and lightening shot into the middle of the small circle and then there was just quiet.

Everyone just stood and stared at the place where the three had been. There was no sign, no indication that anyone had been there. William and Richard came out of the forest carrying Solomon’s body. Dixon met them. “Bury him inside the walls of the keep.”

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Validation